When your furry friend is experiencing a stomach upset, it is important thing to know what to feed them. Feeding them the wrong food during an upset can make them feel worse. It’s essential to provide them with gentle, easily digestible foods to help alleviate discomfort.
The first key is to rest your dog’s stomach immediately if you suspect there is an upset, after which you can feed some of these meals. If the upset persists with no recovery, it is important to see your vet.
Here are some safe and nourishing options to consider:
- Boiled Chicken: Plain, boneless, and skinless chicken is a bland yet protein-rich choice that’s easy on your dog’s stomach. Make sure it’s thoroughly cooked and free of any seasonings or spices.
- White Rice: Cooked white rice can help firm up loose stools and provide a source of carbohydrates that are gentle on your dog’s digestive system.
- Boiled Potatoes: Mashed potatoes without butter, salt, or any seasoning can offer carbohydrates and nutrients while being easy on your dog’s stomach.
- Oatmeal: Plain, cooked oatmeal is another option that provides a soothing source of fibre. Ensure it’s unsweetened and plain.
- Lean Beef: Similar to chicken, cooked lean ground beef can be a protein source for your dog. Make sure to drain off any excess fat.
Remember to introduce these foods gradually and in small portions, monitoring your dog’s reaction. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult your veterinarian for a proper diagnosis and treatment. Proper hydration is crucial, so always provide access to fresh water, and never hesitate to seek professional guidance when your dog’s health is at stake