Ear mites are a common routine parasitic infection in cats and dealing with them can be distressing. Ear mites’ infestation in cats is treatable but there are also effective home remedies to alleviate the issue pending when you get to visit the vet.
Here are easy home remedies for treating ear mites In Cats to help your cat find relief:
- Mineral Oil or Olive Oil: Gently warm a small amount of mineral oil or olive oil and put a few drops into your cat’s ear. This will suffocate the mites and soothe irritation. Repeat this process for several days.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera has soothing properties and can be applied to the inside of your cat’s ear. Ensure it’s pure aloe vera gel without added chemicals or fragrances.
- Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar: Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and warm water. Soak a cotton ball in the solution and carefully clean your cat’s ears. This helps to maintain the ear’s pH balance and discourages mites.
- Green Tea: Make a cup of green tea, let it cool, and use it as an ear rinse. The natural antioxidants in green tea can aid in reducing inflammation.
- Regular Cleaning: Regularly clean your cat’s ears with a soft, damp cloth to remove debris and discourage mite infestations.
If your cat’s condition does not improve within a few days, ensure you consult your Vet for proper diagnosis and treatments. When using homemade remedies, remember to be gentle and patient when administering them.