Birds are very fragile and they need to be handled with safety in mind. The safety of these tiny, delicate creatures is important so you don’t injure the bird during handling. Much more, the safety of the handler is also considered owing to the fact that not all birds are domesticated and they could attack the handler.
Tips on how to hold a bird safely
- Use a towel if necessary.
- Do not shake, strike, or squeeze your birds.
- Do not hold your bird by the tail, legs, or wings.
- Don’t tolerate your bird sitting on your shoulder.(To prevent accidental attack to your face)
- Teach your bird the ‘Step up’ command.