Huskies are known to shed a lot and it could be due to several reasons such as skin health, parasitic infection, or hormonal conditions. With proper grooming and health management, you can manage it effectively.
Here are husky grooming tips to control shedding
- Brush regularly: Brush your Husky’s coat daily or at least 2-3 times a week. Use a de-shedding tool like a furminator to remove loose fur and prevent it from accumulating.
- Bathing: Bathing should be done every 3-4 weeks, or as needed, using a dog-specific shampoo. Avoid frequent baths, as they can wash off the natural oil on their skin.
- Healthy Diet: Diets rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids help to promote a healthy hair coat. Providing nutritional supplements such as vitamins and fish oil are also helpful in reducing shedding.
- Proper Hydration: Always provide plenty of fresh water to keep their skin and coat hydrated.
- Regular Vet Checkups: Visit the vet for routine checkups to address any underlying health issues that could contribute to excessive shedding.
The following tips will help you control excessive shedding in huskies. It will also help you maintain a healthy, fluffy, and beautiful hair coat.