At Petmi we are committed to making your experience on our app as safe as possible. Below are simple tips that will help to avoid scams and fraud.
Safety tips for Buyers
- Keep things local. Meet the Seller in person, check the item and make sure you are satisfied with it before you make a payment;
- Exchange items and payment at the same time. We strongly advice against making any payments before receiving an item;
- Avoid anything that appears too good to be true, such as unrealistically low prices, promises of quick money, offers to pay for releasing product from customs or whatever else.
- NEVER give out your financial information. This includes bank account details,PayPal info, and any other information that could be misused.
Scams and frauds to watch out for
- Fake payment services. Petmi does not offer any form of payment scheme or protection. Please let us know if a user on our platform is offering such services;
- Fake information requests. Petmi never sends emails requesting your personal details. If you receive an email asking you to provide your personal details to us, do not open any links. Please report the email and delete it.
- Fake fee requests. Avoid anyone that ask for ANY fees to buy or sell an item or service. Petmi never requests ANY pre-payments from Buyers.
Petmi’s safety measures
We work continuously to ensure you have a safe, enjoyable experience.
Our safety measures include:
- Hiding your email address to protect you from spam;
- Hiding your phone number to protect you from spam;
- Making constant improvements to our technology to detect and prevent suspicious or inappropriate activity behind the scenes;
- Tracking reports of suspicious or illegal activity to prevent scammers from using the site again.
Safety tips for Sellers
- Always provide correct and detailed information;
- Answer the Buyer’s questions to promote his or her interest in your product or service;
- Be sure about the Buyer’s identity and purpose before closing a deal.
- Meet your Buyers in person in a public place before closing the deal.
- Avoid asking for prepayments. You can discuss the cost of delivery, but you can get money after delivery is done!
- Avoid committing anything, which is not present in the product/service.
- Do not disclose personal information unless you are sure about the Buyer’s intention.
- Do not be afraid to ask Buyers about their purpose of buying the product.
- Avoid meeting Buyers in a secluded area.